Non-Foaming, Heavy Duty Alkaline Cleaner
* Typical Applications
LAC 962 has been formulated for fast and effective removal of stubborn burnt-on soils such as grease, oils and proteins, as well as many other organic soil types. It is an excellent product for atomization cleaning of smokehouses. LAC 962 is also well suited for use on smokehouses, trees, racks, walls and floors in meat and poultry processing and packing plants. LAC 962, when used as directed, is safe on stainless steel, steel, copper, concrete, ceramic tile and boning boards. Do not use on aluminum, zinc or other soft metal surfaces.
* Heavy Duty Formula
The concentrated formula of LAC 962 provides quick, effective soil penetration and removal at economical, high use dilutions.
* Liquid Form
The advantages of using a liquid heavy-duty cleaner include no mixing or solubility problems, as well as convenient and accurate automatic dispensing, lowering use costs and minimizing hazards to employees.
LAC 962 is a viscous, amber liquid formulated with alkaline builders and water conditioners. It has a Specific Gravity of 1.52 (12.66 lbs./gallon).
* Use Directions
LAC 962 may be used by spray, soak, or circulation cleaning methods. Actual use concentrations will vary depending on soil load and type. Contact your local LW Chemical representative for specific recommendations.
Available in 55 gallon plastic drums and more economical bulk quantities.
LAC 962 is authorized by the USDA for use under category code letter A2:
Compounds for use only in soak tanks or with steam
or mechanical cleaning devices in all departments.
CAUSES SEVERE BURNS. MAY BE FATAL IF SWALLOWED. HARMFUL IF INHALED.
Contains sodium hydroxide. Do not get in eyes, on skin, on clothing. Avoid breathing dust or mist. Keep container closed. Use with adequate ventilation. Wash thoroughly after handling.
PRECAUTION: When handling, wear goggles or face shield and rubber gloves. While making solutions, add slowly to surface of solution to avoid violent spattering.
This product reacts with reducing sugars from food soils during cleaning to form hazardous carbon monoxide. Before entering enclosed or semi-enclosed areas, test and moniter for carbon monoxide. Exposure to carbon monoxide may be fatal.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
FIRST AID: CALL A PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY.
In case of contact, immediately flush eyes or skin with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes, while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash clothing before reuse, discard contaminated shoes. If swallowed, dilute by drinking large quantities of water or milk. DO NOT induce vomiting. If inhaled, remove to fresh air; if not breathing, give artificial respiration, preferable mouth-to-mouth. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen.
Compound, Cleaning, Liquid-Corrosive Material, UN-1760